Music Monday: Crumb
So about a month or two ago my friend asked in a group chat “yo does anyone wanna see this band.” Two months later and uhhhh, yeah, see this band. Watch out for this band. Like tape your eyelids up (earholes open?) so they don’t close when you look at (listen to) this band–because they haven’t even released an LP yet and they’re still one of my favorite bands right now.
With a discography of only seven songs at the moment, there’s really no reason why you shouldn’t just listen through their music (it doesn’t take that long, definitely not more than half an hour) and see for yourself why I’m hype.
If that’s not enough, though, I’ll also explain why I like them:
- Somewhere in the field of psychedelic funk/rock/jazz (really good genre)
- Every song comes off as polished, honest/reflective, and clever
- Technical ability of everyone involved–they’re a band that’s better when heard live in comparison to their studio quality, showing that everyone is for real just really talented.
- This is less general but still a reason: the bass player was doing a thick groove stamp while laying down a sympathetically thick bass line and that memory of seeing that is really sticking with me
- Also, they all seem pretty chill (a.k.a. the band members were all really polite and talked to the audience after the show).
Check out their initial albums on Bandcamp and below:
Featured image via bandcamp.