Introducing a New Series: Un(Glossy)boxing
If only every day could be Christmas (or your birthday)! Well maybe not everyday, but certainly every month. If one of your New Year's resolutions was to step up your beauty game, Glossybox can help with that. A beauty box subscription service, Glossybox delivers a curated selection of deluxe sample and full size products to your doorstep every month for just $21/mo. A mix of skincare, haircare, and of course, beauty, Glossybox is perfect for the beauty junkie who loves the thrill of trying new makeup or the beginner looking to try a variety of products. At MODA we will be showing and reviewing the products that come in each month's box. First up is the holiday box!
First of all, the packaging - too cute. Each box is made from a sturdy cardboard, with the contents wrapped in a little bow and confetti to protect the more delicate samples. It's hard not to rip apart the tissue paper in anticipation of the goodies inside!
Onto the goodies. Each box contains five products from a variety of brands (including some from their own Glossybox line) which can also be re-purchased separately on the site. The holiday box included a hand lotion, a mascara, a lipgloss, an eyeshadow, and a nail polish - all practically full size!
- The lotion has a nice consistency, not too thick, that is quickly absorbed into the skin, leaving hands soft and smelling faintly like expensive perfume - all wrapped up in a beautiful high-end looking white and gold bottle.
- The lipgloss is described as a "Parisian inspired red" but applies more as a bright fuchsia-candy apple red. The consistency is slick and shiny, coating the lips in intense saturated color in just two coats.
- The mascara has a unique squiggly shaped applicator with silicone bristles that separate and lengthen lashes without clumps. It goes on smoothly and can be built up or even layered over other mascaras for lush, defined lashes.
- From the Glossybox brand, the generously sized eyeshadow is a beautiful stormy purple/gray with a hint of shimmer, perfect for amping up a smokey eye look. It applies smoothly and easily, lasting all night without creasing.
- Last but not least, the nail polish- a rich plummy red perfect for winter. On top of the beautiful color, the polish applies evenly and opaquely with a lasting shiny finish.
All in all, every product in this month's box was a winner that'll go into rotation for either every day makeup or more glamorous going out looks. Stay tuned as we unbox more beauty surprises every month!
Photography by Alexia Bacigalupi
Are you an avid Glossybox fan? Or do you have another beauty box subscription? Tell us about it in the comments below!