Un(Glossy)boxing - Box 4!
Valentine's Day may have come and gone, but who needs Hallmark and a designated day to show a little love to themselves? The Valentine's Day themed February Glossybox is perfect for pampering yourself and indulging in a little glam to go with a killer outfit.
The box comes decorated with a watercolor design of hearts in soft pinks and reds. Nestled inside was a cucumber fiber mask, a nearly full size roll-on eye gel, a large sample size hydrating cleanser, a deep brick-red matte lipstick and a tiny sample size primer.
- The primer, though tiny (seriously the thing is about the size of my pinky), is magic. Benefit's Porefessional is a cult-favorite for good reason. It applies velvety-smooth, blurs over pores and sets makeup all day. What more is there to ask for, except, well, more of it?
- Matte lipsticks are all the rage at the moment and this one makes the cut. Smooth lightweight coverage, a beautiful deep brick color, creamy but not drying texture - all housed in one seriously chic gem-covered tube. The only downside is the unwieldy bullet, not molded to fit the curvature of the lips which means that application should be done carefully and with a steady hand and maybe the help of a lip brush.
- Oh how we love a good sheet mask! Infused with calming and refreshing cucumber, gently apply this to the face and stretch out for a relaxing nap while the mask does its job. While the application can be messy, we love the cool, hydrated skin it leaves us with.
- GlamGlow is a celeb-fav (and pricey!) line of masks and skincare, so we were super excited to test out a sample of the daily cleanser. Formulated from Brazilian clay to draw out impurities, the cleanser turns to a foamy lather to wash away makeup and grime from the day. The best part is the tropical coconut scent that has us dreaming of summer by the beach. It left our skin baby soft and fresh feeling, especially when paired with a Clarisonic brush.
- Eye-gels tend to be marketed towards older women but hey, college students are sleep-deprived that certainly shows in the bags under our eyes, so why not get in on the action? The golden packaging looks super grown up and high end, and the cool metal roller ball makes it easy to dispense a quick swipe under the eyes. The cold gel tingles a little but is perfect for puffy, tired eyes - just the trick for faking a full night of sleep even if you spent it agonizing over a pset.
The Valentine's Day Glossybox is perfect for really achieving #nomakeup worthy skin. We could seriously get into face masks and mud cleansers for every-day use! And with skin that fresh and glowing, all you really need is a swipe of flawless red lipstick anyway.
Photography by Alexia Bacigalupi
Are you an avid Glossybox fan? Or do you have another beauty box subscription? Tell us about it in the comments below!